Saturday, February 26, 2011

.

Parenthood, Love & Heartbreak.


So to begin with I hate how the stupid titles can't be changed so the title is a period and the true title is well ^ right there. and maybe it can and I'm just dumb on how to do it. Anyways. 


So Trace and I are proud to announce we are parents! We have two little female Djungarian Hamsters. Consula, and Inrique


This is Consula, my hamster

This is Trace's hamster, Inrique

and this is their home on my dresser


I would just have to say I LOVE my hamsters. They are fun and Consula loves me back. She crawls up my arms she runs around my shirt but when it comes to the balls he is to small. She just sits in the ball and looks around and eventually she can move the ball a foot or two. Now Inrique is completely opposite. She runs and runs and runs around in the ball and at night she runs in the wheel.


So now for the heartbreak. I started this post on Thursday. Today it is Saturday. This morning we had to "bury" Consula (when I say bury I mean we went to Petco said WTF my hamster died and showed them the corpse in the Chicken N' Biscut box). So on Thursday evening I noticed that Consula hadn't been being very friendly and was kind of curled up in the cage and didn't care if I touched her. Then she started walking around my hands and I noticed that the back half of her was really skinny and deformed looking and when she sat she sat funny with her legs sprawled out like she was doing the splits. I told Trace and we decided it would be best to watch her closely and if she didn't get any better we'd take her back to Petco and see what we could do.


Yesterday morning I got up and like every morning I went to say good morning to the girls and check their food and water. I noticed that Consula had crawled up the tubes and was sitting curled up in a ball in the roof box of the cage. I picked her up to see if she was alive and she was. I couldn't get her to open her eyes and she just took deep breaths and shook. So I kept checking on her all day and she only seemed to get worse. So last night we took her out of the cage and put her on the bed and she just sat there and didn't want to move. even with encouragement. So we planned on taking her in this morning.


A few tears were shed this morning when I woke up to the small body in the mid stages of rigamordis laying on top of the hamster nest. So Trace and I got ready for the day and took the life less body, put it into an empty cracker box and took it to PetCo. We told them the tale of Consulas short life with us, had a harsh interview to make sure we didn't strangle the poor thing. Then they kept up their end of the contract made when I swiped the credit card Tuesday.

So now I'm proud to introduce Chunky Bernice
(Pardon the mess in the cage, they have discovered a cotton material in one of their toys and have decided to tear it out and make a nest out of it in the middle of the pen. Please note we are disposing of it when we clean the cage out tomorrow)


A tale other than Hamsters:
Other than the hamsters nothing really exciting has happened.... OTHER THAN I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS!!!! YIPPEE!!! We are basically done with the wedding. All thats left is getting the announcements out, ordering ties and shirts for all the dads and brothers, and my boots! I'm so excited for it. It is 34 days from today. We went and bought Traces ring and are planning on picking it up some time next week. 
Other than that we went to Blanding two weeks ago to see Ronni and David while they were down. Trace took his dirt bike and him and Kyle disappeared for a few hours. They only came back when we pulled out the food. And then they were off again. Then I ended up going to Santaquin with my mom the next day up to a great uncles funeral. We spent all of Monday wedding shopping. We were able to get me a dress (not in the plan I actually had a dress I was borrowing), ALL the flowers and table decorations, all the ice cream and popcorn items, a few decorations and a few other miscellaneous items.  It was very productive.
Like I said other than the hamsters we haven't really done much exciting things.  I did get a job working for an old friend at his restaurant. I'm proud to announce that I am a Caucasian cashier and Ashkies Navajo Grill. 
My shower is March 12 at what time? I don't know lol but I'll post some pictures after for those who can't make it






No comments:

Post a Comment